Monday, November 30, 2009

First Banjola Session!


Brought my new banjola to work today and had an opportunity to play it on a track being recorded by Adam Crossley for his soon to be released album. I also did banjo and mandolin on the track. The tune was in E major so I tuned the banjola to the regular C tuning (GGCGCD), tuned the low string down to F and then capoed up to the fourth fret. I then tuned the drone string to F# ( kind of by accident) and proceeded to play in E!

You can check out Adam at:

www.myspace.com/adamcrossley

and

www.adamcrossley.com


These photos show my Gibson mandolin, purchased in Philadelphia in 1977 and my old Stewart banjo which I got around the same time. All of these instruments came to me through my friendship with Edward!


No comments:

Post a Comment