Friday, February 25, 2011

Banjola Canada Back Online!


It's been awhile since I posted here at Banjola Canada - I'm not much of a blogger - but I promise to remedy that because so much is going on.

Back in November I took a little trip to Portland Oregon where I met up with and performed with the Banjola's originator Edward Dick. We had a great time playing and hanging out and I came back to Canada with a brand new Petite Banjola that Edward had just finished building. Check out www.banjolas.com/petite.htm for all the specs on the instrument. It has a shorter scale length than the longer neck versions and is tuned higher. It really seems to appeal to banjo players and it wasn't long before I had it in the hands of one of Toronto's most avid banjo players, Duncan Fremlin, of Whiskey Jack fame. Well it wasn't long before Duncan was a convert and next thing you know he's down in Denver meeting with Edward and deciding to get his own banjola, a Classic model.

Duncan and I have become great friends and he has also become my partner in organizing the upcoming 2nd Annual Easter Sunday Banjolafest here in Toronto. This year the Banjolafest is being expanded to include a Banjola Brunch. Duncan will be performing as will Edward and myself. I'll be posting more details about the event in the near future.

I'm very excited about all the Banjola developments that are taking place and I'll be posting regular updates from here on in!



No comments:

Post a Comment